Candle Care

Wooden wicks can be a bit temperamental & sometimes require a little extra attention.  Properly caring for your Irish Daisy Candle Co. candle is very important!  Here is what you need to know:


The wick in your candle has been hand selected & is perfect for the jar!  The wick is wood & untreated.  Sometimes this means it may need a little help to get going. I recommend using a lighter rather than matches & leaving it on the wick for about 20-30 seconds. The wick might not catch right away (just like when you light a bonfire) but keep trying until you see a flame.  If your flame goes out after a few seconds of being lit it just needs a little trim!  Simply use your fingers, nail clippers, or wick trimmers to gently pinch off the crumbly burnt pieces.  Then relight your candle & enjoy!


Keep candle free of any foreign materials including wick trimmings.  Always burn your candle in sight & away from drafts or vibrations.  Keep the candle away from children, pets, materials that can catch fire, & other heat sources.  Don’t forget to give your wick a little trim to about ¼ inch before relighting each time in order to allow for a beautiful & even burn. 



Allow the top surface of the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the candle before extinguishing the flame. Flame height may vary and may occasionally appear to self-extinguish. Even a low flame will continue to produce heat and the flame height should return shortly.  Ensure your candle is placed on a flat, heat resistant surface when lit. Never move your candle while it is burning or still hot.


If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to email